Wednesday, October 21, 2009

An Introduction

Because it is going to be difficult to communicate with friends for a long period of time I thought I'd try to keep an updated blog so that I may stay in touch. I am notoriously terrible at updating anything, but we'll see how this goes.

For those of you that don't know I am a sailor, both by trade and in my heart. Life at sea, and traveling around the world is what I love. It seems that so many people are fascinated by the lifestyle that I lead, and I get heaps of questions whenever I meet a "landlubber." Hopefully through this new blog I will be able to answer those questions, and be able to show people why it's so easy to love what I do.

I am currently employed aboard sailing vessel Athena. She is a 295' three masted schooner. Every square inch of her is built to perfection, every detail paid close attention to. Books have been written about her and records have been set by her. She is truly in a class of her own. Athena sails with a skilled crew of 20, and one of those crewmembers is luckily me. She is capable of world cruising, and we plan on using her to her full potential.

Click on the thumbnails below for full sized photos of Athena

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rob,
    Thanks for the updates. I can check everyday :) It was GREAT seeing you in Boston... Who's the girl in the mizzen Rob? Just giving you a hard time!

    ReplyDelete