Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Goodbye Newport

As I sit and type I can feel the gentle rolling and pitching of the vessel as we are underway headed for Freeport, Bahamas. I've spent the last couple months in Newport, RI and am excited to be moving on to new places. It's beginning to get cold in the Northesast, and I can't wait to put on a pair of boardshorts and go swimming, kiteboarding, and diving.

Newport is a great little town in New England that has a lot to offer in the summertime. It is rich in maritime history, and has a hell of a bar scene. Of course it has more to offer than that, but I personally don't care much for anything else. I've had plenty of time to work on my billiards skills, but am happy to leave the town behind before going pro.

Follow my track down the Atlantic coast in real time by clicking here. That site will always tell anyone where I am, where I am going, and how soon I will be there. It's a great resource for tracking my voyage around the world.

By clicking here you can see some photos of me 200 feet up the mizzen mast of Athena.

0 comments:

Post a Comment